Jenster's Musings

Monday, January 29, 2007

Poor Ol' Bessie's On Her Last Leg...

... or tire, as the case may be.

We have a '98 Dodge Grand Caravan (Bessie). She's been a great car, even though we've had to rebuild the transmission twice. She has over 120,000 miles on her and, while she's still getting us where we need to go, little things keep going wrong. So we're in the process of looking for a new car. We haven't had a car payment in a while and I really like it this way. But, alas, we'll be having to make a car payment in the near future.

This is what I want -
Yeah, yeah. I know it's unrealistic. I could only take one person at a time with me. Which, when you think about it, has its advantages. Oh. And there's the matter of price.


The car payment I feel I'm willing to make would probably get us this -

For those of you who are too young to know what this is, it's a Pinto. Ever heard of it??



This is what we're seriously looking at, though. It's a 2007 Saturn Outlook.


We won't be doing anything for a couple of months and it's possible we'll change our minds before then, but as for now I'm daydreaming about a road trip in my new Ocean Mist Outlook with a sunroof. Hope it won't end up being that Pinto afterall!

Mused by Jenster :: 6:00 PM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------