Jenster's Musings

Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's the Little Things

I'm feeling so content right now. This is why:

1. I'm wearing very comfy pink thermal jammies with sage green stars, sage green fuzzy socks, pink slippers and a pink robe (the whole matching thing is making me happy);

2. I'm reading Darkfever (I'm sucked in and will probably have to finish it before can get any sleep tonight);

3. I'm drinking a coveted White Chocolate Mocha (my first in over three weeks);

4. There's a burning Clean Linen Yankee Candle on the ledge next to me, filling the air with aromatic joy (Todd bought it for me at Target this morning while he was getting my WCM at Starbucks;

5. Todd is doing laundry, changing sheets, folding clothes (I've started calling him "Philip" as he's acting just like his father - and that's definitely not a bad thing);

6. Katie is cleaning the bathrooms. I mean really cleaning them. I have no doubt the toilets will be sparkling by the time she's done. She's listening to her iPod with headphones and we can hear her singing all through the house. If THAT doesn't bring a smile to one's lips, nothing will.

The only thing missing is Taylor. He left on Thursday afternoon to drive to Cincinnati with our youth minister and several other kids for a Youth Leadership Conference. I have to admit, this was an extremely difficult thing for me. Over the last couple years I've been ignoring this nagging feeling, but I can deny it no longer. I'm afraid I'm one of those moms. You know the kind. The type that has a hard time letting go. He's going to be 15 in April and I want him to experience all the wonderful things that go along with that age. (The wonderful good and legal things) But at the same time I want to hold on to him and keep him here with me all the time. Except that when he's been here too long he drives me nuts! LOL Oh, what a parental conundrum. I suppose I could just blame my frenzied hormones for my irrational and conflicted emotions. Or I could also assume that this is just life. My confused feelings on the subject of my children growing up are probably no different than any other mother's.

Todd wanted me to say that between running his hectic department at work and managing the household, he hasn't had time to review my postings for corrective comments to my mundane ramblings. I should take this opportunity to post things about him since he won't be reading anything, but nothing's coming to mind at the moment.

Mused by Jenster :: 11:07 AM :: 5 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------