Jenster's Musings

Friday, December 22, 2006

This and That

It doesn't seem like Christmas is only three days away. I have all my shopping done, though nothing is wrapped. I was going to wrap tonight, but I'm frankly not in the mood.

I was at the grocery store on Wednesday buying all our Christmas food when a little girl about four years old started singing Feliz Navidad at the top of her lungs. I couldn't help but smile - she was so cute. But nobody else seemed to notice. Everybody else in the store looked miserable. I think they all were missing their souls because she was adorable.

Took the kids and the father-in-law to King of Prussia mall tonight. I really thought it was going to be horrible - the odds were stacked against us. Not only is it a Friday night, it's the Friday night before Christmas, which is in three days, and it's raining. Turned out to be fine. I guess since it's such a large mall there was plenty of room for all the crowds. lol Best part was the father-in-law bought us dinner and then I ditched them! Bwahahahahaha!!! It was rather delightful.

As I was getting dressed this morning I was hit with a very happy thought. Today is the last Friday I'll ever have to put my fake boobs on! Yup. This time next week I will be blissfully unaware of just about everything going on around me AND I'll have a flatter tummy and a symmetrical bosom. Only six more days of constantly adjusting my chest - I feel like the equivalent of a baseball player who is always doing the old C.A. (crotch adjustment), except I try to be much less conspicuous.

I need to come up with a system for bloghopping. Not only have I been pressed for time, but my laptop has been doing some funny things. Todd just told me he fixed the router in the basement, though, so maybe it will start running better. I have to admit that I'm looking forward to having nothing better to do than read, watch TV and play on my computer all day with NO GUILT! Woo hoo! OH! AND I get to take pain medication. I think I may have issues.

And finally - my birthday purchases. Remember the B&N GC I received for my birthday? I finally used it last week and Wednesday I received my purchases. It was like Christmas early! I got:

The Rules of Seduction by Madeline Hunter
Sinful Pleasures and Beyond Temptation by Mary Reed McCall (I've heard good things about her medieval Templar books - anybody have any opinions here?)
Splendid by Julia Quinn
Star of the Morning by Lynn Kurland
and
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding - an anthology with stories by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, L. A. Banks, Rachel Caine, P. N. Elrod, Esther M. Friesner, Lori Handeland and Susan Krinard.

I also bought Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water CD. My sisters had this album when I was very young (so you don't think I'm any older than I really am) and I loved it. So I've had a little trip down memory lane the last couple of days.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Saturday. The thought of sleeping in makes me nigh giddy! Happy weekend and Christmas Eve, every one!!

Mused by Jenster :: 10:10 PM :: 8 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------