Jenster's Musings

Thursday, January 11, 2007

What I Read Last Year

2006 was the first year I started keeping a reading log. It's fun to go back and see how many books I read and what I thought about each one, etc. It wasn't one of my better years as far as reading goes. I only read 44 books for the entire year. I would say that's at least only half - probably closer to a third - of what I used to read.

Here is what I read, broken down by month:

January - 7 books

A Breath of Snow and Ashes - Diana Gabaldon
Unleash the Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Storm Front - Jim Butcher
Damsel in This Dress - Marianne Stillings
The Dark Queen - Susan Carroll
Midnight Marriage - Victoria Bylin
The Charmer - Celeste Bradley

February - 5 books

The Wife Test - Betina Krahn
A Bride Most Begruding - Deeanne Gist
The Kitchen Boy - Robert Alexander
The Rogue - Celeste Bradley
The Courtesan - Susan Carroll

March - 4 books

Rasputin's Daughter - Robert Alexander
Flowers from the Storm - Laura Kinsale
Touched by Time - Leanne Shawler
Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz

April - 6 books

The Silver Rose - Susan Carroll
It Happened One Autumn - Lisa Kleypas
Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas
The Marriage Test - Betina Krahn
Lord Perfect - Loretta Chase
Lady Anne's Dangerous Man - Jean Westin

May - 4 books

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evie - Marianne Stillings
Much Ado in the Moonlight - Lynn Kurland
The Secret Pearl - Mary Balogh
Only with a Highlander - Janet Chapman

June - 2 books

The Trouble with Harry - Katie McAlister
Dark Side of the Moon - Sherrilyn Kenyon

July - 2 books

Leading Ladies' Anthology - various Draumr Publishing Authors
The Future Widows' Club - Rhonda Nelson

August - 5 books

The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
Scandal in Spring - Lisa Kleypas
On the Way to the Wedding - Julia Quinn
The Measure of a Lady - Deeanne Gist
Whence Came a Prince - Liz Curtis Higgs

September - 3 books

Fool Moon - Jim Butcher
Viscount Vagabond - Loretta Chase
The Devil's Delilah - Loretta Chase

October - 2 books

Where Dreams Begin - Lisa Kleypas
Sighs Matter - Marianne Stillings

November - 2 books

The Lion's Daughter - Loretta Chase
Eragon - Christopher Paolini

December - 2 books

Lady of Sin - Madeline Hunter
Dreaming of You - Lisa Kleypas

I'm one of those people who would make a horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE, book critic because I pretty much enjoy everything I read. I started to make comments on all the books, but I figured that would make this post much too long, which it probably already is anyway. So - if you have any questions about any of the books I read, let me know. Otherwise just know that I liked all the books - some more than others - but still thought they were all worth my time.

Mused by Jenster :: 11:18 AM :: 9 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------