Jenster's Musings

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Beds, Old Wood, Pit Arm Hair and a Black Sheep

BEDS

Last week I was on my way to meet my friend, Cristie, for lunch when Todd called. The words he said were enough to instill fear in even the stoutest of hearts.

I'm about to make an executive decision and you're not going to like it. But I think you'll eventually love me for it.

What do you say to that? All I could think of was a very hesitant, "okaaaay..."

Our original plan had been to move Taylor's futon down to the basement, move the guest bed into his room and then purchase a new guest bed. While he was in the mattress store, however, he was struck with a case of momentary brilliance. Instead of buying a new guest bed he bought a new bed for us. And not just any bed. A Tempur-Pedic with the elevating head, feet and a massage feature.

He was right. I didn't like the decision because it's a lot of money. He was also right, though, that after one night of sleeping on it I love him for it. The next morning was the first morning in as long as I can remember that my hips and lower back didn't hurt. And I've gone more than a week, now, without the pain I had come to expect.

The jury is still out on the elevating and massage features - just seem like extra nonsense to me. I don't let that stop me from using them, though!

OLD WOOD AND PIT ARM* HAIR

Now that I'm making my own money I have to decide what to do with it. It's not a fortune I'm making and it's fixin' (I'm embracing my Southern roots) to be even less because I will be going to two days a week. But it's my money and I can do whatever I want with it.

Here's my dilemma. I want an old red barn door or old red gate for over my sofa in the living room and then I plan to hang black and white photos I've taken of barns on it. Todd can't imagine why I would want to put scrap wood in a nice room. Now that I have my own money I can buy the perfect piece when I find it without any guilt. And not just a junky section of a demolished structure, but any decorating pieces for the house.

I also want to have laser hair removal on my underarms. Since I had lymph nodes removed with my mastectomy two-and-a-half years ago I can't ever shave the left underarm so I use Veet. I find it to be a great inconvenience and would like to just get the hair removed permanently so I don't have to worry about it. Right now I'd fit in great on the Riviera, except I'd be wearing a bathing suit complete with top and full coverage bottom.

What to do, what to do...

BLACK SHEEP

I'm sure by now you all have heard of the familial link between Dick Cheney and Barack Obama. Yesterday morning on Good Morning America Chris Cuomo said that would make Dick Cheney the black sheep of the family. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*****

*I do realize "pit arm" is not an actual word. When I was little I always got my words mixed up and said "pit arm" instead of "arm pit".

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 7:00 AM :: 22 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------