Jenster's Musings

Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Sacrifice

As I pulled a reheated cup of coffee out of the microwave this afternoon the handle painfully burned my palm and fingertips. I'm afraid I muttered a less than righteous expletive as coffee splashed all over the counter and floor, but I did manage to keep the cup from crashing on the linoleum. I also saved the majority of the coffee and am enjoying it as I type.

Right before this incident I had decided to blog about this morning in an effort to bring a little sunshine into the otherwise gray lives of my adoring fans. And by gray I mean cloudy. The Weather Channel said it was cloudy where both of my fans live.

The slightest touch to my finger pads sends excruciating pain shooting up my arm, rendering me nearly unconscious. And yet here I am, typing away. For you, my dear readers.

If that's not sacrifice, I don't know what is.

The annual community Easter egg hunt was this morning at church. Taylor had to be there at 9:00 and I was supposed to help as well. But I woke up this morning with left-sided congestion and an itchy sore throat. That alone wasn't enough to keep me home. The fat and fuzzy tongue, however, was. All my colds I've had these last several months have apparently whittled my immune system down a bit again. I know it's not terribly bad, but I didn't think it would be wise to hang around upwards of 300 little kids with as many runny noses.

We stopped at Wawa on the way to church so I could pick up milk and donuts for the homebodies and breakfast for Taylor. This is how he secured our purchases:



They made it the rest of the way to the church and then home without incident.

I'm starting to feel faint. A body can only take so much pain. I'd better lay down for a physically healing nap. I just felt it was important to get this news to you first and to let you to know I put you all before my own needs. Because that's the kind of girl I am.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:33 PM :: 11 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------