Jenster's Musings

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ha Ha, Very Funny - NOT!

By a show of hands, how many of you know I despise morning? One of my favorite Gilmore Girls quotes is,
Hate Early. Must Kill Early.

That resonates with me like very little else does. So it's understandable that Falling Back is one of my favorite things to do.

Last night Todd turned back all the clocks and we stayed up late watching Saturday Night Live since we had an extra hour to sleep in. Getting up for the 8:00 service didn't seem so bad.

My alarm went off at 6:30 which felt waaaay too early for falling back so I hit the snooze. My Prince among Men got up out of the toasty bed to turn the heater on in the bathroom for me and then jumped back under the covers. The alarm went off again and this time I hauled myself out of my warm cocoon and into the not-yet-warm bathroom. After my shower and stuff I look at the bathroom clocks (yes, there are two - don't ask me why) which say 7:15 so I went to wake up my Knight in Shining Armor and he says, "It's only 6:15."

Yes, you read that right. I'll type it again just so there's no misunderstanding. "It's only 6:15." It was like being in a horrible nightmare.

Me: NO! It can't be!! The cable box says 7:15 and so does my clock which is set by the atomic clock in Colorado!! They can't be wrong!!

Knight: Well my clock says 6:15.

Me: By why didn't the other clocks change???

Page: I don't know. Go downstairs and check the clocks. Maybe I did mine wrong.

Me: Did you change the clocks in the bathroom? Because they say 7:15.

Serf: No I didn't change them. So it really is 6:15.

Me: This can't be happening! My one chance in the whole year to fall back and I got up at five-stinking-thirty! This is so unfair. Why didn't you tell me it was only 5:30??

Peasant: I didn't realize it until just now.

There was actually a whole lot more to the conversation - me mumbling about going back to bed but my hair was wet and then I'd just feel more groggy when I did get up and did he mind if I used the blow dryer and him telling me he didn't care what I did as long as I stopped talking to him and I flopped around on the bed but decided against it so I came downstairs even though I hadn't blown out my hair and so it's air dried and I'm pretty sure it looks lame but I haven't looked at it yet because I've been writing this post.

Now it really is nearly 7:15 and I've been up much longer than I should have been, but I have had a cup of coffee so that's good. Guess I'd better figure out what I'm going to do about my hair.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 6:42 AM :: 12 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------