Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Partidge And A Bradford Pear Tree

I've been trying to clean out my pantry and Sookie was going berserk, barking at something I couldn't see between our house and the neighbor's. I wouldn't let her out because she already broke perimeter once this morning and I didn't want to deal with that again. I kept looking out to see what she was barking at, but never saw anything. To say I was getting frustrated with her would be an understatement. But the last time I looked out I saw it! A beautiful male partridge standing underneath the Bradford Pear tree! I've never seen one in real life before and had to look it up on the internet to make sure that's what it was.

I took these pictures through the dining room window so the screen is making them a bit fuzzy.




I went all Marlin Perkins, going out the front door and stealthily running around the side of the house to get a better picture, but he was even more stealthy. But then I saw the female over by the neighbor's basement window.



It all looks a little suspicious to me. She looks like she was trying to break in to the basement and he looked like her lookout. They squawked at me and flew off, but now Sookie and I keep looking to see if they're going to come back.

Just another day in the wilds of Southeast Pennsylvnia...

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 11:08 AM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------