Jenster's Musings

Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Week in Review

It doesn't seem like much has been going on and yet I have lots to share. And I know how much you all are dying to know the happenings of my life. *snort*

UPDATE ON TODD

Hearken back to Monday's post where I mentioned Todd's virtual forehead tattoo which says If It Can Go Wrong It Will. And as I said in Tuesday's post, the surgery may not have gone the best way, but it still went very well. Now let me fill you in on the rest of the week.

On Wednesday the oral surgeon called just to check on Todd and said he was probably at the peak of swelling so most likely it was pretty painful but he should have considerable relief by the next day. Not so. We went back in to the office on Thursday because the pain actually seemed to be getting worse. Or if not worse, at least different and as intense. Turns out he has a hematoma which is painful enough in itself. But it's also pressing on the nerve that runs in the jaw, causing excruciating pain and strange numbness. So they upped his pain medication and told him to come back on Friday. There was no change on Friday so they also prescribed Naprosin to help with the swelling and Valium to help with the muscle spasms caused by the nerve disturbance.

Did I not tell you If It Can Happen It Will? This is really par for the course for poor Todd. And sadly for him I am way low on the compassion scale. I'm the one that tells the kid with the gaping wound, "It's just a scratch! Rub some dirt in it, you pansy!" Not really. I've never said that or even thought it. But still, I was probably off chatting with someone and didn't hear my name called when God was passing out the gift of compassion.

Thankfully he's starting to get a little relief. It's still pretty painful, but nothing like it was. And Katie has stopped calling him John McCain because the swelling has gone down so there is that. We go back to the surgeon for his regular follow up tomorrow and hopefully things will be as they should be.

CHURCH

Apparently there weren't enough people who came to the new 8:00 service to make it worth it so they've gone back to only three services. Today I went to the 11:30 service like I used to and it was awesome! It's the service that most of the youth goes to so there's a ton of energy. Of course, it helps that I'm actually awake and have been sufficiently caffeinated. We also sang You Lifted Me Out by Chris Tomlin. Awesome, awesome song!

CHANGE IN STATUS

I've been thinking about going back to work after more than 13 years of being at home. This is an entire post in itself so I won't go into detail here, but I am starting to explore some job possibilities. I'm thankful I have the luxury to be a little picky and I know I won't work full time. Tomorrow I'll be chatting with someone about a potential position and we'll see. She may decide I'm not the right person or I might decide it's not the right job. I just pray I follow God's will in this and not my own.

REVOLVE 2008

This weekend was the Philadelphia Revolve Tour and our girls attended for the third year in a row. It was the first year, however, that I did not go. I was a little sad because it's such an incredible experience - not just for the teen girls, but for the women that take them as well. However, as I lay on the couch half asleep Friday night I decided it was a good thing I didn't go.

When I picked up Katie yesterday evening I felt loved by several of the girls who had hugs for me and told me they missed me. Whether or not they meant it or were just being nice, I don't care. It was very sweet.

If you have a preteen or teenage girl I highly recommend Revolve. It's an experience they're not likely to forget for a long time.

Taylor went with me to pick up Katie because he desired a little one on one with me on the way to the church and he missed his little sister tremendously. Oh, and because he would get to see Kristen for a couple of minutes. That may have had something to do with it. On our way home Katie was talking a mile a minute and finally Taylor said, "If talking was an Olympic sport you would bring home the gold in every.single.category! You can sprint and run the distance, all at the same time!" Truer words were never said.

She was sound asleep on the couch by 8:00.

Labels: , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 1:45 PM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------