Jenster's Musings

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here's What's Going On

The first week of my new job has gone pretty well. I have so much to learn, but once I can work for more than 15 minutes without having to ask a question it's going to be great. For all concerned.

Yesterday I spoke for a MOPS group in Bechtelsville (how fun is that to say?). I tried to get a good night's sleep because the bags under my eyes scream TIRED at the slightest bit of fatigue. Sookie had other ideas, though. Todd was out of town and she decided to start barking about 4:00 in the morning. If you will recall - I am NOT a morning person. Thankfully she went outside to do her thing, came right back in, went in her crate and that was it. But then I had a hard time getting back to sleep because I kept waiting for her to start barking again. Anyway, I did get a tad bit more sleep and the adrenaline coursing through my veins before I spoke went a long way in keeping me focused. They were a great bunch of ladies and they gifted me with a poinsettia and a Wawa gift card with a note saying I can use it for either gas or coffee (which is kind of the same thing). They also provided a delicious breakfast! Now I'm really looking forward to my next speaking gig!

Speaking of food (which I kind of was, but not really) Katie has some mad baking skillz. She seriously makes the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had - a talent she learned from her Oma (my mom). She needs to stop. My derriere is getting larger and larger and I don't think the church would like it if I showed up to work in either jammies or old sweats. And the way I'm going that's all I'm going to have left.

Oy. I feel another post coming on. A whiney post. Sorry. It's going to happen. Just consider yourselves forewarned.

Our weather has been mad crizazy!! Sunday and Monday were bitterly cold. Bitter! The kind of cold that just whips right through clothes and skin and settles into the bones. Yesterday we nearly got up to 60! Now today we won't make it to 40 and tomorrow morning we may even get snow. What the heck is up with that???

Last, but most definitely not anywhere near least, I have a message for my mom.


cute myspace layout

Labels: , , , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 7:27 AM :: 8 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------