Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

GUESS WHERE I AM

If you answered my cozy couch you would be wrong. However, if you answered the big, comfy green chair which used to be Todd's but has somehow become MY big, comfy green chair you would be correct!

GUESS WHAT I'M DOING

If you answered fretting about missing work you would be wrong. If you answered writing a blog post whilst watching The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King with the kids you would be correct!

GUESS WHAT THE KIDS HAVE DONE SO FAR TODAY

If you answered shoveled the driveway and the sidewalk you would be wrong. If you answered nothing much more than make microwave popcorn to eat whilst watching the movie you would be correct.

Hold on. It's the part with Sam and the giant spider...

Okay. I'm back.

As I said in my last post -- er, second to last post -- it started snowing around 10:00 last night. At 5:40 this morning we still hadn't gotten the automated call from the school about a delay or closing and I heard Taylor rustling around as he stumbled to the bathroom to start his day. I got up and looked out the window and knew there was no way school was starting on time. So I ventured out of my room and told him to go back to bed; if it was only a delay I'd wake him up in enough time for him to get ready. I poked my head in Katie's room and told her to turn off her alarm.

Before I settled back into my own bed the phone rang. NO SCHOOL TODAY! Yea!! We didn't have any snow days last year so it was about time we had one. As for me and not working, I actually brought some stuff home from work. You know, the kind of stuff you keep thinking about but never get around to doing.

I was going to have the kids do the shoveling before we watched the movie, but the weatherman reported warming temperatures by noon and rain shortly after. Sure enough, it's about 36 now with a steady drizzle. I didn't think it would be very nice to make them go shovel something that's probably going to melt on it's own. Besides - I'm nearly a whole entire month into this Mother of the Year thing!

Oh! Another favorite part of mine! Maybe my most favorite of all! Hold on...

Okay. Eowyn just killed the "unkillable" Witchking. It's all good.

So anyway, we all got our wish and are thoroughly enjoying our day. The only thing that would make it better is if Dad was here. Maybe next snow day.

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 3:13 PM :: 6 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------