Jenster's Musings

Friday, July 03, 2009

WHASSUP????

How is everybody? It seems like it's been forever since I chatted with any of you. Apparently I can't be a wife, mom, friend, employee and blogger all at the same time. Something's gonna hafta give.

I vote it's the mom part. My sole intention of having kids was so that they could keep my house clean and do my bidding and they're not doing a very good job of that. Although they did go to the store last night for Double Stuffed Oreos. There is that. But is that really enough??? I dunno.

My whole family has been through some head cold thing in the last couple of weeks. Taylor started us off a week before he and Katie were going to Michigan for Christ in Youth. By the time they left he was feeling much better, but Todd was sick. Then Monday morning I get a call from Katie in Michigan and SHE was sick. (Don't tell anyone because I don't want to mess up my reputation as a soulless mom, but it made me so sad that my baby was so far away, all alone in a dorm room and sick! I wanted to drive right over there and get her!) She's a toughie, though, and ended up having a great time there. I thought I had escaped...

...until Sunday night. My throat hurt, my ears were plugged, I was snotty. Shoot!! Monday and Tuesday were miserable with a low grade fever and sheer exhaustion. All I could think of was how did Katie ever manage. By Wednesday I was back to work and felt pretty good, but the fatigue from this fairly mild cold is insane! I've been trying to weed today and I don't get very far before I'm so tired I'm shaking. Or maybe it's just my aversion to weeding. Maybe a combination... Whatever.

In a little less than two weeks our church will be putting on Kids' Camp Galaxy - a free community event and we're expecting over 1,000 kids. Talk about a lot of work! I'm fairly heavily involved because of my position as the administrative assistant to Valley Kids, the children's ministry department. But folks, let me tell you something. I am in awe of these people who put this on every year. The creativity, the organization, the drama, the games, the lessons - these people put their everything into making this an outstanding event every.single.summer. And what's even more incredible to me is that they do it because of how much they care about children. I mean seriously care and want to make a difference in their lives! (I know what you're thinking. Why the heck do these people let Jen work with them?? Some mysteries will never be solved.) All kidding aside, it's very exciting to watch all this come together from the inside.

Well friends. I really have to go to the grocery store. Can I just take this opportunity to tell you how much I despise grocery shopping? I remember when the kids were young and the first time in what seemed like an eternity I got to go to the store by myself it was the coolest thing ever! Now I practically beg them to come with me so they can take half the list, but they always have plans. How convenient for them. I think their plans should include cleaning up the kitchen!!

So after all this griping about weeds and kids is it wrong of me to shamelessly plug the next post on Trippin' Through The Bible?? Whether it is or not, I'm going to anyway.

TTTB

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:11 PM :: 3 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------