Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Winter? Summer? Spring?

Jen’s Law is the law that says if you are in a hurry at Target and you pick the shortest line, only after unloading the entire cart will you realize that either a) the cashier lives an alternate reality where efficiency is determined by the length of time it takes a person to perform the simple task of dragging an item over the scanner; b) the person in front of you with two items is arguing with the cashier about the $.03 difference between last week’s flyer and the price tag; or c) a combination of both. Meanwhile, all the long lines are moving at a much faster rate. And if you decide to take your stuff off the belt so you can move to another line, only after you’ve reloaded the cart will you realize the other lines now resemble I-95 during rush hour. I hate that law!

After my adventure in Target yesterday, I ran into A.C. Moore for a few little things and it made me very sad. It made me sad because I really wanted to go to Hobby Lobby, but the nearest one is in Virginia – a little far for me to drive for a decorative box.

It doesn’t seem possible that it was only a little over a week ago when we had all the sleet. Yesterday got up into the lower 80’s. It was nice, but I’d like a bit of spring, please. We’re supposed to be back to the mid-60's for the next week or so - which is still above normal - and that's the kind of weather I like best. Upper 60's, lower 70's, open windows, no air conditioner. That's what I'm talkin' about.

I did have the windows open yesterday because there's no way on God's Green Earth I'm going to turn on the air conditioner in March. It's unseemly. We have a huge side yard and after dinner Katie and some of her friends congregated there for a little game of softball. I sat in the empty dining room with my eyes closed and a smile on my face, listening to their screamings and giggles and good natured taunts and I thought, Life is good.

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 7:41 AM :: 14 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------