Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Should I or Shouldn't I

I get to see the White Russian tomorrow. You know, my oncologist. It's just a routine checkup, but I expect a few things to happen.

First of all, since I had all my girly hormone factories removed last July I should have post menopausal estrogen levels. This means I can stop taking Tamoxifen and be switched to Arimadex which, from what research I've been able to do, is a better drug.

The other thing is I expect to be scheduled for a bone scan. I've been having some pain in my right hip and my lower left ribs. I'm guessing it's caused from working at the preschool - crawling around on the floor, picking up kids, throwing them around, duct taping them to the wall. But I can't ignore the fact that the most common place for a breast cancer metastasis is the bones, specifically the ribs.

I debated whether or not to even blog about this because at this very moment there's nothing to worry about. But I know first hand the power of prayer so I decided to throw it out there for all you pray-ers.

If I were to say I'm not concerned at all I would be lying. However, I'm not overly concerned at this point. I'll just be glad to know my aches and pains are nothing more than a pulled muscle or tweaked ligament.

So tomorrow afternoon I'll post another blog about my visit to the White Russian, my indignation at having to be weighed on a defective scale, the delicious White Chocolate Mocha I purchased as a way to soothe my fat and ruffled feathers, and when I'll be having my bones checked out.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:39 PM :: 23 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------