Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

AVADIJ - 6/10/08




For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
1 Corinthians 1:25


This is one of those "big picture" verses for me. Whenever something doesn't make sense to me - a disappointment, an illness, a catastrophe, whatever - I remind myself that God is so much smarter than I am. And what a comfort there is in that.

Of course, saying God is a lot smarter than me isn't saying a whole lot. When I was a kid and friends would get into that whole "my dad can beat your dad up", thing, I could always say, "my dad is smarter than your dad," and it usually shut them up. Because my dad is really smart. So maybe I should start reminding myself that God is so much smarter than my dad.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 8:25 AM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------