Jenster's Musings

Friday, June 20, 2008

A VERSE, etc., and It's Over

Yesterday was my last day at school. No, really. I know I've said that before, but this time I really mean it. The third and last week of preschool camp is finished, finito, Beendet, terminado, fini, afgewerkt, acabado, avsluttet, законченный. So in celebration I offer today's verse.



Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven.

Luke 6:23


Alright. So Jesus isn't really telling me to rejoice and leap for joy because I'm through working. He's actually telling his disciples to rejoice when they're persecuted for His sake. Hey! I can make the stretch and say in all honesty I WAS persecuted for His sake.

There were eleven three-year-olds in my care for five days at a church-sponsored preschool camp. I was working for Jesus. And while I did enjoy these kids, there were times when I was definitely being persecuted. At least once a day. Ergo, I was being persecuted for Jesus' sake!

And this, folks, is why I will never be a theologian.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 10:20 PM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------