Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's All About The Weather

It seems that Winter has Wunt. (If Spring was Sprung, doesn't it stand to reason that Winter has Wunt?) Monday was a very mild if not warm day, but yesterday we had a wintry mix from about 11:00 a.m. until into last night.






The kids and I were really hoping for a 2 hour delay this morning, but no such luck. Sookie decided she needed to go out at 3:30 this morning and that's when I knew there would be no automated phone call from the school district. You could hear the drip, drip of melting ice and snow everywhere. Thankfully she was quick to go about her business and I managed a couple more hours of sleep before I had to get up at my regular time. Even though there was a whole lotta thawing going on I snapped some good photos this morning, too.









Monday morning we leave for Palm Springs. We're supposed to get more wintry mix on Sunday night. Do you know what that potentially means? Difficulty getting to the airport for our 7:00 AM flight and/or flight delays because Philly is notorious for their scheduling problems due to weather. But since this is only Wednesday the forecast is most likely off. I'm sure it's going to be clear skies and mild temperatures and everything will be running like clockwork. (Please God, from my fingers to your eyes.)

I'm sure the ten day forecast is way off, too. There's no way Southeast Pennsylvania is going to enjoy a White Christmas like the weatherman is saying. It would be wrong for this area to have a Currier & Ives Christmas when we'll be in the desert. I'm 43-years-old (or something like that) and I've never had a White Christmas. We had an ice storm one year in Arkansas that made everything white, but it's not quite the same thing. Surely the Philly burbs will wait until next Christmas to have a snow down.

And while I'm talking about Christmas, I must apologize for my last post. Not enough to delete it, mind you. I still mean everything I wrote, but I wrote it while I was in a mood. Probably shouldn't do that anymore. And lest you think I am a total Grinch, the kids and I went to see one of those musical Christmas light houses tonight. Now THAT'S entertainment!

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:12 PM :: 9 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------