Jenster's Musings

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Work Here Is Done...

Katie's friend, Devon, is spending the night tonight. Todd and Taylor are watching yet another painful baseball game and frankly I'm all baseballed out. So before Devon got here I told Katie that I would come down to the basement with them.

Me: We can watch a good movie and I'll sit in between you guys and I'll text my friends while you're texting your friends and we can do each others' hair and it will be so much fun!

Katie: Um, no.

Devon gets here, says hello to the rest of us and the girls head for the basement.

Me: You girls go on down. I'll be there in a minute. Then we can watch "High School Musical, III" and talk about how cute Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu are while we do our nails!

Katie: Um, no.

I then sit down to play on the computer while the boys watch the incredibly boring baseball game and decide to text Katie downstairs.

My Text: Hey. What's up?

From the bowels of the house we hear, "Stop texting me!"

Meanwhile...

Todd's Text: Tell Devon I said, "Hello".

When he didn't hear any reply Taylor called her on his cell phone.

Katie: What do you want?!

Taylor: Dad wanted you to tell Devon hello.

Katie: I know! I got his text!

Taylor: Okay. That's all.

The sad thing about all this is how highly enjoyable I found it. I suppose I should get a life, but it's these simple things that make this existence so entertaining.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:04 PM :: 10 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------