Jenster's Musings

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Party's Over...

Last night I caught the red eye out of SeaTac for a non-stop to Philly where I landed around 7:00 this morning. Which was 4:00 AM to my Pacific Time Zone adjusted self. Thankfully I have nothing to do today other than sleep, readjust and download over 1200 pictures Precious blessed me with. Not 1200 good pictures. Just 1200 pictures. Which is taking FOR.EH.VER...

I had the complete joy of getting together with four of the most amazing women this past weekend. Jewels in My Crown, LVCG, His Girl and CPQ. Seriously incredible girls and they let ME hang out with them in a beach house on Whidbey Island that Jewels in My Crown graciously shared with us.

We laughed so much my stomach hurt. There were a lot of perilously-close-to-peeing-our-pants moments. We also cried a little here and there as we shared the less than joyous situations we've found ourselves in -- we all have a story -- but those tears nearly always turned into the happy tears that come from witnessing God's kindness and mercy through those difficult times.

The island was beautiful and the weather perfect. While the tide was out we scoured the shoreline for sand dollars and shells and found crabs and sea snails (disgusting) and barnicals and all sorts of interesting things. We explored a couple of charming towns with their quaint shops, ate delicious food - both at the house and in town - mosied through a farmer's market and strolled through the sweet smelling lavendar farm.

Yesterday we snapped pictures of the original Starbuck's and waited around to see fish being thrown at Pike's Market, but the best we got to see was a package of crab being thrown and impressively caught by a guy while holding a steaming cup of coffee. Sadly we had to take LVCG to the airport fairly early and then the rest of us returned to Seattle to explore some more.

Finally it was time to come home. I was happy to get home to the family, but I would be lying if I said I was ready for the weekend to be over. It was the type of get away that was absolutely perfect. I honestly can't think of anything that would have made it better. Except another week or so.

Like usual, there's so much more to the weekend. I've just glossed over the highlights, but I still have about 800 pictures to continue downloading so this will have to do for now. So much to blog... so little time.

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 5:41 PM :: 11 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------