Jenster's Musings

Friday, August 14, 2009

Whidbey Island: A Photographic Tour - The Beach

As I mentioned in my last post, I took over 1200 pictures. Some great, some horrible, most tolerable. Don't worry. I won't share them all. That would be like going to great Uncle Horace's house and watching his vacation slides. Great for insomniacs, bad for blog readers.

I am going to break them up, though. So today I give you...

THE BEACH

Our Island Abode


The view of Double Bluff from our Island Abode


The walkway to our treasures. Gretchen's husband, Big, helped build it.


Beauty on the beach







A live sand dollar








Lunch time


One of Susan's greatest finds

Kellie and His Girl taking a break from touching slimy things to get some snapshots



This is a moon snail. A big moon snail. There is nothing wrong with it. This is what a moon snail is supposed to look like. Poor little moon snail.







The girls peaking over the vastly interesting barnacle rock









Susan's crabs, not to be confused with cooties


A sampling of our beach booty


What a fun morning that was. Gretchen gave us bags to carry our finds in, but I was so busy taking photos that I only brought home three things. A sand dollar, a snail shell and a clamshell. And I don't even think I actually gathered them off the beach. I think I pilfered them from someone else's finds. But what are they going to do? Come get them?

Next tour - Island Living

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 10:00 PM :: 11 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------