Jenster's Musings

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gilligan and a Fly

Todd just informed me he ordered The Essential -- John Denver. All I said was that I would never in a million years use the words "essential" and "John Denver" in the same sentence. He was greatly offended and couldn't believe I would talk about the deceased in that way.

Me - You mean the pot smoker?

Todd - I can't believe you just said that. You cut me to the bone.

Me - I didn't insult you. I just don't like John Denver. You don't have to take it personally.

Todd - I would never say something like that about someone you love. And do you know why?

Me - Yeah, yeah. Because your love is the island the overflows the ocean. I know.

Todd - Obviously you don't love me like I love you.

Me - Obviously.

So then he said he was going to start a blog and tell everyone the mean things I say and I told him not to bother because I was going to blog about it before he had a chance to put his spin on it.

As I started to write this post I asked him what the name of the CD was.

Me - Was it "The Essential - Bob Denver"?

Todd - Um, no. It was "The Essential -- John Denver", not Bob Denver.

To which I started laughing so hard thinking about Gilligan singing "Take me home, country roads..."

***

When he came up from the basement he walked through the living room and into the dining room turning off the lights. I was sitting in my green chair, playing on the computer when all of a sudden a noisy fly started buzzing me.

Me - That stupid fly is back! Did you turn off the lights in the dining room?

Todd - Yes. Pause. Looks at me as if I'm growing two heads. Did you have the dining room lights on for a reason? Which was a silly question because he knew the answer.

Me - Yes. When I came back in here the fly was annoying me. So I turned on the light in the dining room, came back in here and turned off the light. I sat in the dark until I saw the fly in the dining room. Then I turned this light back on.

Todd - Oh my gosh. I'm going to start keeping a notebook of all the crazy things you do. Then I'm going to start writing it all down in a blog for all your friends to see.

Not if I get to it first, buddy boy!

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:12 PM :: 18 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------