Jenster's Musings

Monday, August 13, 2007

Bald is Beautiful

As excited as I was to have my hair grow back after cancer treatments, I miss the smooth look every once in a while. Like when I'm laying in my bed in the middle of the night and am woken by a night sweat. Or when I'm just sitting here, minding my own business, and all of a sudden it feels like someone turned the heater on full blast. Gotta love those hot flashes.

I went through all that two years ago with chemo. Horrible, drenching night sweats and massive power surges. They felt just like the picture of solar flares looks. Then they finally went away. Well, they're back again. Thankfully not as intense as they had been, but still annoying.

I don't know if it's because I'm having night sweats again, but I've had some strange dreams. Like last night I dreamt I was not only the Jedi Mom - kind of like dorm mom, but this was for Jedi Knights in training - but I was the Jedi Jedi Mom - meaning I was Jedi Mom to the elite Jedis. Whatever that means. But in my dream it made perfect sense. And Yoda was like the dean of the school.

I had another dream - totally different, and yet similar in its strangeness -the night before and I swore I couldn't forget it. But I forgot it.

OH! I had another dream last night that there were vampires outside so if we left the house at night we had to put on our "vampire bling". A long, dangly chain with a diamond encrusted cross that was about the size of a small cat, another chain with a vial of holy water, still another chain with a wooden stake attached. I don't remember a garlic necklace, but that would have made sense.

Wonder what I'll dream tonight. And I wonder if the crazy dreams will stop when it starts to cool off outside. Or if I shave my head again. I kind of hope not because they're vastly entertaining.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 8:13 AM :: 20 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------