Jenster's Musings

Saturday, July 28, 2007

A New Award

Lynilu at Never Ending Journey has favored me with a very distinct honor in the form of the Blogger Reflection Award.


This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who, when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them.

I can certainly see why Lynilu was bestowed this award. She is retired, though she works at an art gallery, and living in the beautiful mountains of New Mexico. Her posts are always inspiring, conveying something new she’s learned or another bit of beauty she’s found. And the pictures she shares are breathtaking. For anyone who’s never been to New Mexico and thinks it’s probably just ugly desert, think again. Her blog will change your mind real quick.

Like so many people I know, I have a hard time with compliments. I love to get them, but I don’t want to come across as conceited so I tend to minimize the flattery instead of just saying thank you. Instead I’m going to keep all my “I’m not worthy” thoughts to myself and say thank you, Lynilu. I am truly honored.

Here are the rules:

1. Copy this set of rules.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.

Now is the really hard part - picking five other bloggers for this award. It’s not that there isn’t a plethora of deserving people. It’s that there are so many to choose from. Decisiveness isn’t one of my strong suits. But I have chosen five bloggers who, to me, embody the concepts of the Blogger Reflection Award.

No Surrender is a blog about a beautiful young woman’s fight with cancer. Not just once, but twice now. Not the same cancer. Two different, unrelated cancers. But her spirit is undiminished and her posts are sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but always thought provoking. And I have a special place in my heart for her because she was a constant source of encouragement when I was going through chemotherapy in 2005.

Em at Notes from My Corner. He is a teacher, a speaker, a husband and a father of three who so obviously loves his family and his job. It’s truly a joy to read his blog. His middle child has Asperger’s Syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder, and Em shares the milestones and frustrations of this disorder – for Son17 and for the family – with frankness, but never sadness. He is blessed by Son17 and Son17 is blessed by him.

April at For His Glory and My Good. So many of April’s post are full of God’s wisdom and I always leave her blog with a sense that I’ve just come from a visit with my heavenly Father himself. She recently lost a sister to lupus and she (and the rest of her family) continues to praise God in the midst of her grief. She definitely fits the description of godly.

Gretchen at Quantum Leap. I notice Gretchen has already received the Blogger Reflection Award, but it’s a different button so I’m thinking this is a different one all together. This is a fairly new blog for me, but I settled in and got comfortable right away. She’s funny, she loves life and her family, and she bares her soul with humility and honesty for a bible study she participates in and shares with the rest of us.

Whymommy at Toddler Planet. You will be hearing more about her, her cancer fight and her mission here this next week. She is in the same place I was two years ago or so – she just buzzed her hair – and where so many people might dig a hole to lie in while they’re going through such an ordeal, she is doing all she can to get the word out about inflammatory breast cancer – the least pervasive, but sneakiest and most aggressive type.

Labels: ,


Mused by Jenster :: 11:09 AM :: 10 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------