Jenster's Musings

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Rains...

Today promises to be a gorgeous day here in the Philly area. It's only 8:00 and already it's in the low 50's, beautiful and sunny. The high is supposed to get to 70. Since I began with these stupid hot flashes 70 is about as warm as I like it.

I love the sights, smells and sounds of spring. The green hills, the blooming trees, the fragrant flowers, the singing birds... it all works to fill my heart with joy. Somewhere in this blog I said it doesn't rain right up here in Pennsylvania. If you've ever been in a Southern spring rain you know exactly what I'm talking about. The spring rains in Arkansas were nearly a spiritual experience to me. They're very high on my list of my favorite things in life.

EXCEPT
for days like today. A gentle, drenching rain is one thing. Severe storms with hail and tornado threats is a completely different thing. I don't miss that type of weather one bit.

Last week a tornado ripped through the area where we used to live - where my parents and our very good friends live. Thankfully not only was no one hurt, no one we know had any damage. Today is another go around, though. If you're the praying type, please pray for safety in those areas. Selfishly, I have specific people in mind. But prayers for anyone in the path of destructive storms is the ticket for today.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 8:01 AM :: 10 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------