Jenster's Musings

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whidbey Island: A Photographic Tour - Island Living - Friday

Following our adventurous morning on the beach we all kicked back at the house for a while - napping, reading, whatever - and then prepared to go into town.

I think we clean up purty good.



Gretchen drove us to the quaint town of Langley. We made dinner reservations and then explored up one side of the street and down the other.


Aren't these Monopoly streets?




















This bell is to be wrung when a whale has been sighted.























Finally it was time to hasten to The Edgecliff for dinner.

Fresh cut flowers on the table.









Mussels and clams in garlic butter sauce. I actually ate a mussel. Or maybe a clam. Not sure. They pretty much look the same to me when they're nekkid.


I thought the salad was colorful and pretty. After that they brought the real food and I lost all thought for anything other than the culinary delights awaiting me so no more dinner pictures. Sorry.




Then it was back to the house for endless talking and laughing with a little bit of sniffling thrown in for good measure and a big bowl of Kellie Krack - my newest obsession. Hot, buttery popcorn with peanut M&Ms tossed in. I don't even want to know how many Weight Watcher's points we're talking about!

Next up -- a farmer's market, another charming village and a lavender farm.

Labels: , , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:22 PM :: 7 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------