Jenster's Musings

Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm So Lame

You may or may not recall the goal I had set for myself back in January. Not a resolution for the new year. Homie don't play that. But I did make a goal to write on this blog and my Trippin' Through The Bible blog at least once a week. I did really well for about a week. Or maybe a month. So I'm scrapping that goal because it was a failure of epic proportions. Moving on...

My last post was about the February MOPS meeting and this post will be about the March MOPS meeting. This past Wednesday I spoke about breast cancer. I had worked on gathering the facts and figures and statistics and risks and plans and prepared a very detailed, very educational talk. It was good, too. Very informative and oh so very boring. It just didn't feel right. I'm not an educator. I'm a gabber. So Tuesday night I tossed my hard work out the window and just let it go.

I had nothing prepared for Wednesday night. No notes, no cue cards - nothing. I just told my story. The problem with that is there's a lot of story. I could easily have talked for hours and I feel almost like I did. I do know that by the time I sat down I'd been up there for somewhere around an hour, give or take. Part of that time, though, was a question and answer period at the end. These ladies asked great questions and I was more than happy to answer them. At least then I knew I was talking about what they wanted to hear.

But the talk was easy. It felt right, not forced like the more informative talk would have been. And they were such a gracious audience and made me feel like they might have actually been interested! Really!

My friend, Gail, who is a rockin' photographer extraordinaire, made boob cupcakes. Quite cute, too, with little nipples. Except for mine. Mine had a heart tattoo instead.



Aren't those great? I debated whether or not I should post the picture here because, you know, this blog has always been pretty PG. Or maybe PG-13. Definitely not R. Maybe M for mature audiences like on a video game? I dunno. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and post the picture because: a) I think the cupcakes are awesome and very appropriate to the subject matter; and b) I think her simple picture of cupcakes is artistic. OH! You should see the Cat In The Hat cupcakes she made and the pictures she took of those! Really good. I could go on and on about Gail, but then this post would be about her and not me and we all know how narcissistic and egotistical I am so I'll just leave it at that. Except to say she's really awesome. Really super and incredibly awesome.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 2:32 PM :: 5 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------