Jenster's Musings

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Toilet Paper and Laundry

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this breaking news...
Never was my failure as a domestic more apparent than today. It's stinkin' hot here right now and I had no capris to wear this morning. I could have worn Bermudas but I didn't actually think that one through in the shower and, while I'm low on the pride scale, I refuse to wear shorts with furry thighs. I mean, it's bad enough that I don't have a tan. So I rocked the fashion world today. Kids' Camp t-shirt, mesh exercise pants and my Crocs. It was either that or an evening gown.

Not really. I don't own an evening gown.

Apparently I need to do laundry.

***

I usually buy toilet paper in the really big packages so we always have a lot. Always. Except for when we don't. Like this morning. We were sharing half a roll for three bathrooms. I'm not real good with math, but even I can figure out that doesn't add up. Thankfully I had to go to work and Taylor was babysitting so we could use someone else's toilet paper. I think Todd kicked Katie down to her friend's house just so he could have all the remaining squares for himself.

At lunch I ran to the grocery store in my killer outfit and bought a gallon of milk, some chicken for dinner and two very large packages of toilet paper. Each bathroom now has about 12 rolls and hopefully this will last our family for a week or two. Maybe even three. And tomorrow I'm wearing capris. Just sayin'.

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 6:53 PM :: 4 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------