Jenster's Musings

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday...



Just about anybody who's ever been acquainted with me knows I am NOT a morning person. Most everyone also knows I must have coffee in the morning. MUST. Todd had to be at the train station about 20 minutes away by 5:45 this morning. I'm still drooling into my pillow at 5:45 in the morning! Last night I set the coffee maker to start brewing at 5:00 this morning and when I came downstairs a little after it hadn't yet begun. I wanted to cry. But I didn't have time so I hit the brew button and thankfully was still able to take a cup with me.

We got to the train station between 5:50 and 5:55 and guess what was right next to it? A Starbuck's! My heart gave a little leap of joy, kind of like when you're crushing on somebody and you unexpectedly see them at school or at the mall and your heart jumps - know what I mean? So yeah, I saw the crazy mermaid lady on the Starbuck's sign and got all excited. Except it was so stinkin' early they weren't even opened yet! It was a cruel twist of fate.

***SIGH***


After a shower and more coffee I packed my lunch for work. I pulled a bag of baby carrots out of the fridge and thought the bag had already been opened, but it was still sealed and very full. So I opened it, filled my baggy with sweet, crunchy, orange delights, and zipped up the bag to put back in it's drawer. I picked up the bag and cute little baby carrots when sprawling all over the kitchen floor. It HAD been opened, but not by the convenient, resealable end. Someone (could have been me, not sure) ripped a big hole in the bottom.

***SIGH***


I walked around the corner and into the hall with all the preschool classes this morning, only to see two of the assistants standing with a little girl and a trash can. Poor little thing had thrown up all over the floor. One can't really escape the "expression of bodily fluids" when one works in a preschool - even in an office capacity. So Rochelle (one of the assistants) and I cleaned up the "event" after Marcia (the other assistant) got the little girl taken care of. Neither Rochelle nor I are real good with vomit and I was really wishing I had Todd's old double canister gas mask he had been issued when he worked at the Pine Bluff Arsenal. He used to wear it to clean up after our kids and I would always make him say, "Luke. I am your father", like James Earl Jones because the mask made him sound like Darth Vader. But I digress. All this was to say that one hour into work this morning I was cleaning up barf.

***SIGH***


I stopped at the grocery store on my way home today to pick up some grape juice and cheese spray for my sick Katie and a bunch of yogurt for me. I went through the self check-out line and filled a bag full of a few things and all my yogurt. It was raining when I left and I didn't want to take the cart with me, so I grabbed my three bags and took off for my car. The one bag was so heavy that the plastic handles started stretching and right before I could get to my car the handles ripped and little yogurts went rolling around the parking lot! Not really. Well all of it until the ripped part. It was very close, though.

***SIGH***


I got home and parked in the garage right before the sky opened up. It was very pleasant - rain, lightening, thunder - nice. I got some work done (I come home early on Mondays to do some writing for work) and then my early morning caught up with me. About 4:30 I laid down on the couch, Sookie curled up at my feet, while Katie snuggled in the big green chair and watched America's Top Model. Next thing I know, it's after 5:00. Lovely...

***SIGH***

Labels:


Mused by Jenster :: 9:11 PM :: 4 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------