Jenster's Musings

Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Rogue Hot Air Balloon

I was blissfully snoozing this morning, so happy in my somnolence, when a strange noise outside woke me up. It sounded kind of like a strong gust of wind, except that wasn't it. It also sounded kind of like when the heater comes on, except it was much too loud.

"Maybe one of the neighbors is doing something with some strange machine in the greenbelt," I thought as I got out of bed to look. When I opened the blinds, however, there was a hot air balloon headed for my driveway! I couldn't see the basket because it was on the side of the house, but the balloon looked almost close enough to touch and it was level with me as I looked out the second story window!

I was afraid it was going to land on the truck (but it turned out the truck was in the street instead) and I ran down the stairs yelling, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" I opened the blinds that overlook the driveway and the balloon was gone. So I grabbed my camera and opened the front door to see this:







Poor Todd is in Boston so he missed all the excitement. I just wish I slept with my camera so I could have gotten a shot of the first thing I saw when looked out the window.

Alright. That's the exciting happenings around here. Two posts in two days. Or maybe I should say two posts within 24 hours. That sounds even better!

Off to clean house now. Mom and Dad are coming for a visit on Wednesday and I don't want my mom to have too much to do around here!

Mused by Jenster :: 9:23 AM :: 3 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------