Jenster's Musings

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Just A Quick Chat

Hola, Amigos! I don't have time to hang out for very long, but I just had to post a quick update.

My folks flew in from Little Rock on Wednesday (don't even ask if their arms are tired because that joke is so old and corny it does not bear acknowledging) and we've been enjoying our visit. They actually just sold their house - it sold in four days - and will be about the business of packing up and moving when they get back home so I hope they can relax and enjoy their trip! Except my mom doesn't know how to relax so very much, which works out very well for me because she cleans instead. I'm okay with that.

Yesterday was our Easter Eggstravaganza at church. What a trip! We had 40,000 eggs and several egg hunts for different ages, a petting zoo with the cutest baby cow (I know, I know - that's a calf) and the biggest bunny I've ever seen, two bounce houses, free popcorn and cotton candy, carnival type games, balloon stylists (I have no idea what they're really called), face painters --- it was great! I helped out at the MOPS table making pinwheels. It was fun because I saw a lot of preschool families and some of the kids would look at me like they weren't quite sure why I would be somewhere other than the preschool. There were a ton of people and they all looked like they had a good time. I know I did!

OH! The most exciting thing around here is that we finally replaced our microwave that went out in November. Todd and Taylor installed it yesterday and we've been using the heck out of it. It doesn't make funny noises and it actually heats up the food! I keep looking at it lovingly - almost like I look at my camera - and sometimes I even caress it a little when I walk by. I now remember what life was like before a microwave and I'm telling you, it was lame!

In other news, I started Weight Watchers for the umpteenth time a few weeks ago. So far so good. I think I've lost around 7 pounds which is a drop in the bucket, but I've gotta start somewhere. This times feels different because I actually want to stick with it and it's almost easy. (Hope I didn't just jinx it!) This week will be a bit challenging with the rentals here and Easter and all, but if I can just maintain I'll be happy. Of course, I'll be happier if I still manage to lose.

And that, my friends, is what's going on around here. Until next time...

Labels: , ,


Mused by Jenster :: 9:53 PM :: 4 People musing:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------